I am all about building community and making our classroom like a "school family" where we can feel safe, learn about each other, take care of each other and do our best together as a "family". The classroom is a place where we can solve problems, feel comfortable and make our environment one in which all students have the opportunity to learn, grow and do their best!
So this activity that I have created is just what you need to promote classroom community!
Back to School…We are Alike and We are Different
This back to school ready to use printable activity can be used the first day of school, first week, as a getting to know you activity or as an anytime activity. It also includes a first day activity of “Find Someone Who…” to get your students up and and moving around to meet other classmates. Here is what is included in this packet:
- A first day getting to know you activity sheets for students to find other students with various attributes.
- An I like and I can sheet for the students to fill in about themselves to use for the Venn Diagram.
- A Venn diagram to compare and contrast with a partner.
- Differentiated sheets to use to write about their findings.
- Small frames for self-portraits.
- An idea for activity use.
- A sample of what the project might look like when completed.
- An Original poem to hang or copy to display with the finished projects in color and black and white.